On this page we cover lots of the questions you might have about shopping with us, our Edible Images and shipping, including how to get FREE shipping!
How do you calculate shipping, how much does shipping cost, how do I get Free shipping and how quickly will you send my order?
Orders placed after 1pm EST will leave next business day. Orders placed before 1pm EST will leave same business day. If there are any unforeseen delays such as the rare instance of an out of stock item or a warehouse discrepancy we will contact you if there is any risk to your event. Business days do not include weekends and public holidays.
Regular Post – National Flat Rate $9.90 with full tracking and signaure on delivery if required ( just let us know when you check out by inserting a note in the comments box) . Free $110 and over.(Note some orders containing bulky items such as Drum Pinatas, sent to some regional areas and WA,NT, SA and TAS may still be charged a freight fee – if this is the case we will contact you first prior to dispatching your order – there is a notation on these items in the description as such on our website). We use Australia Post and Fastway Courier whichever provides the best service to your area in our opinion.
Express Post – National Flat Rate $15.90 with full tracking for all orders regardless of $ size of order ( note some items cannot be sent Express Post due to their size and this is noted on the items – some Pinatas for example). If you require a signature please let us know in the notes field at check out. On rare occasions for very large Express Post orders we may reserve the right to charge an additional freight fee. If this is the case we will contact you first prior to dispatching your order.
International under 2KG – $AU 25 to New Zealand, USA and South East Asia. If your order is over 2 KG ( rare but does happen) you will be contacted with a revised shipping quote and the option to pay the extra or cancel your order with a full refund.
For information on shipping times and speeds relevant to your location please visit our dedicated shipping page by clicking here!
Edible Images FAQ
- Are the images suitable for people with food intolerances? The ingredients used in the production of our edible images are free from gluten and dairy. We have no formal certification that they are gluten or dairy free. The ingredients of our images is displayed on the product listings and packaging provided, if you wish to show these to other parents or day care centres / schools etc.
- These images are fragile. How can you post them? All images are sent in a specially made box for safe transist. Unless it is bent over the posties knee it won’t get bent!
- Are the Edible Images in stock? The items are printed in our warehouse. They are never out of stock. We have a license to print these items in our warehouse. As long as our printers are working, the internet is connected and we have fondant it’s game on!
- How much notice do you need? They take about 2 minutes to print and you do not need to pre-order. You can come in 9-2pm Monday – Thursday 9-12pm Friday to purchase them excluding public holidays or order online for pick up or delivery. You choose!
- Can you personalise the designs? Personalisation of licensed designs is illegal / not authorised in Australia and if you are considering purchasing a personalised licensed design elsewhere such as eBay / etsy / Facebook sellers, please be aware that the supplier will almost certainly be committing trade mark infringement which then may also implicate you! We obviously don’t want bad and stressful experiences for our lovely customers and as such we only sell official products, so other than the photo options we offer personalisation is not possible. We can happily personalise generic ( non licensed) designs for a small additional fee to cover our time and costs. You can e-mail details to email@example.com for a quote.
- How long do your images last for when purchased? Our images come with a best before date and stored correctly should last for 12 months.
- So what is correct storage? In a cool dark place. Not in the fridge or freezer!
- How do I apply them? Our images come on backing sheets and are all high quality fondant icing. Simply peel the image off the backing sheet and apply. Easy!
- My image is sticking to the backing sheet. What should I do? Firstly don’t panic! Pop the image in the freezer for around 20 seconds but no longer than 30 seconds. This removes any moisture from the image. Then try peeling it again. This should resolve your issue!
Where are products shipped from?
All products are shipped from our Warehouse in Noosaville close to Brisbane, Queensland. We do not drop ship and products are kept in stock. We can ship to anywhere in Australia, New Zealand or the USA and South East Asia with direct website ordering but only to shipping addresses that cover us for seller protection via paypal in the case of international shipments. If you want us to ship elsewhere please contact us for a shipping quote on firstname.lastname@example.org. We ship Monday to Friday excluding public holidays.
We now offer wholesale on our licensed edible images range to certain applicants. If you are interested in wholesaling our edible images please e-mail the business manager at email@example.com and include your business name, personal name, ABN, website and physical address and we will contact you in 1-3 business days. We do not offer wholesale on any other items.
Can I pick up my order to save on shipping or come and browse?
If you live in the South East Queensland area you are welcome to pick your order up from our Warehouse at Unit 8 / 25 Project Avenue Noosaville and we can inflate your balloons for a small fee at the same time! Simply select the pick up option at check out ( no shipping fees apply) and once we receive your order we will contact you by e-mail to arrange a mutually convenient time. We have EFTPOS in house. You are also welcome to come and visit us, we are open to the public, and you can view our opening times by clicking here or on the ‘Contact Us’ Page. Please note – we are unable to accept pick up requests from customers wishing to use their own courier to ship items and only use our own freight companies.
What payment methods do you accept?
We take PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer (EFT – domestic orders only) Afterpay, Zip and OxiPay. Bank details are provided at checkout and on our invoice (e-mailed to you) when you order with us. eWay is our credit card gateway. You can pay securely with PayPal with either a PayPal account or a credit card, or use eWay or Afterpay , Zip Pay or OxiPay- you choose – or save us the fees and help keep our (and your) costs down by paying by Bank Transfer. We now also offer Afterpay and Zip Pay ! These are services that allow you to spread the cost of your payments over a longer period ( which can be chosen at checkout) but you get the goods sent straight away as per our normal process! These companies will simply pay us straight away and debit your credit card with the appropriate payments over the defined time periods. This is great if you need to spread the cost of your purchases over a longer period of time! If you do choose to pay by Bank Transfer please ensure that funds are remitted within 24 hours of placing the order.
I’ve seen it cheaper elsewhere?
We strive to keep our prices reasonable ‘every day’. However, If you see any of the licensed products listed on this website available from another Australian based retailer at a cheaper price than ours we’ll happily match the price . Please note that terms and conditions apply to this offer. Prices can be online or instore prices but must, include GST, be from an Australian based retailer (not wholesaler or distributor for example), include the entire purchase cost ( i.e. shipping fees and purchase price for products ) and not be ‘closing down’ ‘liquidation stock’, ‘sales’ or ‘clearance’ prices or eBay / Amazon / Gumtree sellers. The offer includes pricing offered by mass retailers on the exact same items only. Some limitations may apply to certain lines – enquire for details. In order to take advantage of this guarantee simply e-mail a screen shot of your shopping cart and applicable shipping fees to us at firstname.lastname@example.org , together with details of the better deal you have found else where along with your name and phone number and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours with a better deal if you qualify. You can’t say fairer than that! Please note that this offer is not able to be used in combination with any other coupons, offers, specials or promotions we may have available at any time under any circumstances. Note that our price match only applies to pricing comparisons made prior to purchase and not after.
How long does shipping take?
A full list of location based delivery times can be found on our dedicated Shipping Page by clicking here!
We aim to dispatch all paid for orders within 24 hours excluding weekends and public holidays. Express Post Orders received by 12pm QLD time we aim to send same business day. Orders placed on a weekend and Monday mornings may not ship until Tuesday depending on the volume of orders received over the weekend. If you need your order urgently either call us on 07 33963307, and let us know or put a note on the order with the date it is required by. Please note that inserting notes on your order such as “I require the item by Friday” etc is great but if you need your order urgently please understand that it is your responsibility to select the correct postage method as we have no control over the postal service once items leave our premises. We do offer standard or Express shipping services for domestic Australian orders. Express services are next business day metro to metro ( not including Darwin and in WA only guaranteed to the CBD postcode 6000). If you need your order quickly let us know so we can help! You can call us on 07 33963307.
A full list of the metro postcodes is available on the Australia Post website by clicking here
Standard delivery times can be found by clicking here.
Typical Standard Delivery Times are 2-3 working days to Sydney, 3-5 working days to Melbourne and metro Tasmania and 5-7 working days to Perth, Adelaide and Darwin. NZ orders take 2-5 days and USA orders around 1-2 weeks. We ship to NZ and the USA most days of the week.
Express Post is next day metro to metro including many regional centres ( but not all) , except Darwin and Perth metro ( generally two days).
New Zealand and the USA – NZ is generally 2-3 business days. For USA orders allow 2 weeks. SE Asia can be as quick as next day but generally 2-4 business days. If you need your items guaranteed quicker, then please contact us on email@example.com for a revised shipping quote detailing the items you want and when you need them by. If you want to send a screen shot of your cart that is fine.
Can your Courier Deliver on a Saturday?
Australia Post are rolling out Saturday Delivery. For Express Post Orders only to the following Queensland Postcodes Saturday Delivery is guaranteed on orders received by us as a cleared payment by Mid-day on the Friday. Please make a note on the order that you require a Saturday delivery so we are aware.
I am after a product or theme and can’t see it on your website
Give us a call on 07 33963307 to discuss your requirements and we will see if we can help you.
Things don’t go wrong often, but if they do we won’t mess you around and our returns policy is clearly laid out here. Our returns process complies with ACCC legislation. We do not take returns simply if you have changed your mind, party theme or have excess items left over. We do certainly take returns or exchange products if there is a fault with any item purchased from us, or you believe it is not as we have described it in terms of the picture or description supplied on our website.
How to initiate a return
- If you have an issue or want to return an item we encourage you to either call us in the first instance on 07 33963307 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your order ( your order number is useful, this is a 5 digit number on your invoice from us) and the nature of your problem. i.e. the colour is wrong, the item is broken and so on. A photograph of the issue is also required please and the date of your event is also required in case we need to send a replacement.
- If we require the item to be returned we will e-mail you a pre paid return label at our cost. You need to post the item. If we do not require the item to be returned we will tell you. You will be able to print the label we e-mail to you, and drop it off at any post office for return to us prepaid.
- Once we have received an item back we will process a refund within 5 business days. If we do not require an item to be returned we will process a refund within 5 business days.
You are required to let us know within 30 days of receiving an item of any issue with the product. We are unable to accept returns for faults other than as detailed by any manufacturer warranties which may apply outside of this window. The 30 day window commences on the day that tracking shows the item has been delivered by our nominated freight company.
We will refund any amounts owing by us to you to your nominated payment source at the time of purchase. This may be your credit card, paypal account or bank account depending on how you paid us. If an item is broken, we have sent the wrong item or there is a description error on our website we will send you a replacement item or the correct item at no charge to yourself.
Due to the nature of our business we get very frequent requests to donate packs and items to often very worthy causes. Character Parties Australia considers charitable donations on an annualised basis and rather than donating to individuals will make a donation to a worthy charity that offers support and assistance to our target market – kids. We feel this is the only way to ensure equality. Thank-you for understanding.
Whilst we have no formal affiliation we are pleased to promote the following businesses